How Can Get Rid of Acne Issue Safely During Lockdown?
Acne may look like a small issue, but it has a big impact on our appearance and our self-image. This way, it plays an important role in our psychological health. So, it is possible to deal with this issue by keeping our mind as positive as possible. But in the present scenario of lockdown due to the pandemic of COVID-19, it is almost becoming impossible to maintain our psychological health. And the effects can be seen on our skin in the form of acne breakout. Besides, now it is also impossible to go to a spa or to consult with a dermatologist for acne scar removal Mumbai because of the government shutdown on the non-essential business. It has left most of the people looking for answers on how to get rid of the acne issues safely while being at home.
- Keep the skincare essentials handy: If you tend to break out often, then you should choose a face wash or cleanser that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Besides, you can opt for tea tree oil or clindamycin for the odd zit. Never use garlic or toothpaste at home. Otherwise, you can burn your face.
- Choose Multani mitti as an alternative to salicylic acid: Salicylic acid is one of the best skincare ingredients used for treating acne. It works by exfoliating the skin and preventing skin pores from getting clogged. But you can’t always get a tube of salicylic acid handy. So, prepare a DIY remedy at home for acne scar treatment in Mumbai by using green tea extract, hazel, Fuller’s earth, or tea tree oil as a spot treatment. Besides, you can keep your skin calm by using fresh Aloe vera juice as the moisture. Use this juice for around 20 minutes once or twice every day.
- Apply ice for reducing swelling: Ice works as a safer and amazing way to reduce acne swelling. And it has made ice the first line of treatment for acne. For instance, if you have a big inflamed and painful zit, then rubbing ice to the area for reducing inflammation will work. Besides, you can minimize the pores by rubbing some ice on your face regularly to prevent further breakout. But never directly apply the ice on your skin. Wrap the ice in a paper towel or napkin and apply it on the spot for several seconds.
- Never over-wash the face: You may be habituated to wash your face several times, but this is not the right thing to do. Over-washing your face can strip the natural oil from your face leaving it sensitive, dry, and red. Besides, it can cause overcompensation in oil production while blocking skin pores and triggering acne breakouts.
- Never pick at pimples: We often become impatient during acne breakout and end up picking at the pimples. Besides, we often end up touching our face subconsciously. This way you transfer bad bacteria to your face from the hands. This makes your face more susceptible to infection that results in an acne breakout. So, popping the zits is not good at all as you must not like to leave a scar on your face or do not want to spread the acne even further. Thus, keep off your hands.
- Do not mix too many ingredients: Even though you are planning to use different home remedies for acne scar removal treatment in Mumbai, it is important to be well aware of the right application technique. Using the wrong type of product and improper application technique can lead to more harm leading to damaging the skin. Also, check if you are allergic to any ingredient before using it.