What is a hair transplant?
A hair transplant is a surgical method of grafting hair follicles. In this hair grafting process, our dermatological surgeon infuses hair to a bald area of your head after extracting them from the high density area. Our dermatologist usually removes hair from the back or either side of the head and inserts them to the front or top of the scalp area.
Hair transplants are carried under the effect of local anesthesia.
Generally, pattern baldness is responsible for the majority of hair loss. This is usually a genetic disorder. The other cases are due to a variety of factors, including:
- Improper Dietary intake
- Stress levels
- Any form of illness
- hormonal imbalance and regular fluctuations
- Harsh medications
Who is likely to benefit from hair transplant treatment?
People facing the problem of regular hair fall or those who gradually see a bald patch anywhere on their scalp, are the ones who are recommended to take this treatment. This hair transplant treatment results in improved confidence in people. Ideal people for this treatment include:
- men with male pattern baldness
- women with thinning hair
- Anyone having tremendous hair fall issues
- Those who have lost some hair from a scalp injury or any accident
Procedure of hair transplant
After thoroughly cleaning and rubbing your scalp with a defined cleanser, our surgeon uses a small needle to numb an area of your scalp with help of local anesthesia.
Two main hair transplant techniques are used to obtain hair follicles –
In follicular unit transplantation (FUT) –
- Our surgeon uses a scalpel to cut out a strip of scalp skin from the back of the head. The incision is typically some inches long.
- This is thereafter sealed or closed with surgical stitches.
- Our specialised surgeon then separates the removed portion of the scalp into small defined sections using a magnifying lens. These sections gradually show natural-looking hair growth.
In follicular unit extraction (FUE) the hair follicles are removed directly from the back or either side of the head through many tiny incisions.
- Our hair surgeon makes small holes with a blade or needle in the recipient area of your scalp that is undergoing hair transplant. They gently place hairs in these holes.
- During the treatment session, a surgeon may transplant large amounts of hairs at once.
- After, the graft, medical gauze, or bandages is used to cover your scalp for a few days.
FUE Hair Transplant procedure Cost may vary according to the different clinics and the experience of the dermatologist in Delhi.
A single Hair transplant session can take four hours or more. Your stitches will be removed after a span of 10 days after surgery.
Our dermatologists truly guide you the true number of hair transplant sessions needed to achieve the head full of hair. These transplantation sessions are recommended to be taken after the guided time interval to allow each transplant to fully heal.
The after results of hair transplant procedure
You may feel soreness on your scalp after the hair transplant treatment and this is quite obvious. Our dermatologist also prescribes you to take oral painkiller medicines or apply an ointment on a regular basis for a certain number of days following hair transplant surgery. This prescription may include :
- pain reducing medication
- antibiotics to lower down the risk of infection
- anti-inflammatory medications to keep swelling levels low
Most people are likely to switch back to their regular routines after a few days of surgery.
It’s very much normal for the transplanted hair to fall out for two to three weeks after the procedure. This gradually makes way for new hair growth. Most people are likely to see some amount of new hair growth 8 to 12 months after surgery.
What are the complications associated with a hair transplant treatment?
Some people may face minor Side effects from a hair transplant treatment. These after effects can be easily dealt with the oral medications or ointments that are prescribed by our dermatologist. These side effects clear up easily within a few weeks.
Minor side effects of hair transplant treatment include –
- swelling of the scalp
- Slight bruising around the eyes
- a crust structure may form on different areas of the scalp from where hair was removed or implanted
- numbness or loss of sensation or feeling on the treated areas of the scalp
- Itching and redness
- inflammation or infection of the hair follicles
- sudden but temporary loss of the transplanted hair
- weirdly-looking tufts of hair
Things to expect in long-term after a hair transplant
Generally, people who undergo a hair transplant treatment will after some weeks see the normal hair growth in the transplanted areas of the scalp. They are also likely to observe modification in the hair texture as the new hair growth is very much natural.
The new hair growth depends on the following factors –
- scalp laxity, or how weak and scattering your scalp skin is
- density or strength of follicles in the transplanted zone
- hair quality
- hair curl or tangling nature
If you don’t take or rather use prescribed medications by our dermatologist or undergo a low level of laser therapy, you may continue to experience hair loss in non treated regions of your scalp.
We, at Marvel Skin and Hair Clinic, offer the specialized FUE & FUT Hair Transplant treatment at a comparably affordable Cost in Mumbai.