PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is one of the most successful treatments to restore youthful appearance and to stop unwanted hair loss. PRP therapy is becoming very popular among people in India.
Main Goals of PRP Therapy for Hair and Face:
• For Face: The skin of face is very delicate. It can easily become dull and also wrinkles are formed on the face skin due to aging and other environmental factors. It affects the person’s appearance. In this case, PRP injections therapy is very helpful to repair skin damages.
• For Hair: Hair Loss problem is very common in the society. Even a many youngsters are suffering from mild to severe hair loss problem due to various factors like stressful and unhealthy lifestyle. The baldness at young age not only affects person’s looks but also lowers the individual’s confidence. The PRP injections help to reduce the speed and to reverse the hair loss.
Dr Malay Mehta is a very skillful and well experienced in PRP therapy. He has performed lots of Hair and Face PRP treatments successfully.
What is PRP therapy?
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is a patient’s own concentrated blood. This blood contains platelets about 3-5 times more than normal blood to speed up cellular regeneration and tissue repair. In addition, it also contains platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins which are essential in wound healing and promoting hair growth. Plasma is important for cell survival as it contains nutrients, vitamins, hormones, electrolytes and proteins. In PRP therapy, Plasma rich injections are injected on the targeted areas for desired results.
PRP therapy procedure for Hair Loss and Face Rejuvenation:
PRP therapy is a 3 step process. Generally PRP treatment takes around 20 minutes – 2 hours. It is a simple and safe procedure.
Before starting of PRP therapy, Dermatologist or Cosmetologist performs physical examination of patient. Sometimes Doctor also asks patient for blood test. Doctor discusses with patient about medical history, family history, diet, current medications, hair care regimen, recent surgeries and a detailed history of hair loss situation.
After the confirmation of patient’s healthy conditions, doctor takes patient’s blood from arm and put it into a centrifuge for approximately 10 minutes.
Then the blood is separated into three layers known as Platelet Poor Plasma, Platelet Rich Plasma and Red Blood Cells.
Finally, the Platelet Rich Plasma is drawn up into a syringe and injected on the scalp areas for hair growth and on the face areas for skin rejuvenation.
After the PRP therapy, Doctor closely monitors patient’s conditions for efficacy and safety.
In the past years, PRP therapy is becoming one of the most popular treatment methods for therapeutic and cosmetic procedures where accelerated tissue healing is needed including:
• Wrinkled or sagging skin
• Frown lines, crow’s feet
• Open pores
• Hair re-growth
Advantages of PRP Therapy:
• Simple and Non Surgical procedure
• Less Blood Loss and Minimal Pain
• Less Hospitalization Time
• Safe, Reliable and Natural Looking results
• Faster recovery
• No serious and Long Lasting side effects
In PRP therapy, patient’s own blood is taken hence there is no risk of any allergy and major complications.
After the PRP therapy, patients can experience redness, pain, irritation, swelling and bruises on the targeted areas. But all these side effects are temporary and can easily cure within 2-4 days after the treatment.
• For Face: After the PRP procedure, redness or brown spots can be seen on the face for one week. However, patient should avoid direct exposure of harsh sunlight for some days.
• For Hair: Person can resume daily activities after the procedure. There is no any restriction on the activities. Mild inflammation, redness and numbness on the scalp can be seen for several hours.
Every patient should have realistic approach. A full round of PRP hair and face therapy consist of 3-4 sessions to get best results like wrinkle free skin, skin glow, acne free skin, thick as well as dark black colored hair and increased hair growth. Patients can observe desired results after 3-5 weeks. However, patient should repeat the same treatment yearly for maintaining good results.
Dr Malay Mehta’s PRP therapy has a very high success rate. He had been in USA for enhancing Cosmetic Surgery skills. Dr Malay Mehta has firmly established his name as a leading Dermatologist for hair and skin diseases. Dr Malay Mehta’s clinic has a world class quality equipment to treat any skin and hair problem.