Every human being wants to look slim and beautiful. But it is not possible for all persons to look attractive due to some unhealthy habits or body’s natural conditions such as over-eating habits and hereditary issues. Obesity or Excess Fat in the body is the major problem which affects person’s appearance. There are various ways to reduce body fat but the Liposuction treatment is the most fruitful way to remove body fat. Liposuction is also known as Lipoplasty or Body Contouring. In this procedure, an incision is made on the targeted area to remove fat.
Many times diet and exercises do not give desired results. In such situation, Liposuction technique plays an important role to remove body fat within a very short time period. Liposuction is a Cosmetic Surgical procedure that uses suction techniques to remove fat from specific areas of the body such as abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck. Liposuction also gives proper shapes to these areas.
Liposuction is not a weight loss method. It is mainly used to remove body fat only from a specific area of the body. If any person has a too much body fat in a specific part of the body then Liposuction is the best treatment option to remove body fat.
Dr Malay Mehta is an expert Dermatologist who has performed lots of Liposuction surgeries successfully. He is a proficient skin and hair specialist in Mumbai.
Goals of Liposuction procedure:
Liposuction is mostly used to remove body fat from areas of the body where diet and exercises failed to give desired results. The areas of the body include:
• Calves and ankles
• Chest and back
• Hips and thighs
Doctor never recommends Liposuction treatment if patient is suffering from Diabetes, Coronary artery diseases, Weak Immunity System and Restricted Blood Flow problems.
• Liposuction treatment is strictly performed by an expert Cosmetologist or Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.
• Doctor marks circles or lines on the targeted area of Liposuction treatment. Many times photos are also taken to compare before and after images.
• Some Liposuction procedure needs local or general anesthesia. The sedative is given to the patient through IV injection.
• Surgeon decides the most effective Liposuction technique as per the area of the treatment.
• Doctor continuously monitors patient’s heart rate, blood pressure and blood oxygen level throughout the procedure.
• Liposuction procedure takes several hours depending on the extent of the fat removal.
• Surgeon can leave incisions open to promote fluid drainage after the procedure.
• Patient has to spend few hours or overnight stay in the hospital so that doctor can monitor patient’s recovery conditions.
• Patient should follow Doctor’s each and every instructions strictly to avoid any complications in the future.
Major Liposuction techniques are:
• Tumescent Liposuction: This is the most common type of Liposuction. In this technique, surgeon injects mixture of sterile solution, drug and anesthetic into the targeted area. Then surgeon inserts a cannula under the skin. This cannula is connected to a vacuum which suctions fat and fluids from the body.
• Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction (UAL): This type of liposuction is used along with tumescent liposuction. During UAL procedure, the surgeon inserts a metal rod which emits ultrasonic energy under the skin. This ruptures the fat cell walls and liquefies the fat for easy removal from the body.
• Laser Assisted Liposuction (LAL): This technique uses high-intensity laser light to liquefy fat. During this procedure, the surgeon inserts a laser fiber through a small incision and emulsifies fat deposits. The fat is then removed by a cannula.
• Powered Liposuction: This type of liposuction uses a cannula that moves in a rapid back-and-forth motion. This vibration allows the surgeon to pull out tough fat more easily. Powered liposuction is very useful technique to remove fat on smaller areas such as the arms, knees or ankles.
Post Liposuction Procedure:
• Patient can experience mild swelling, pain and bruising after undergoing Liposuction procedure. Patient has to take rest for some weeks or days as per the doctor’s advice.
• Patient should strictly avoid heavy activities.
• Doctor prescribes medications to control pain and to reduce the risk of infections.
Results of Liposuction Procedure:
• Every patient should have realistic expectations after the treatment.
• Liposuction treatment has different results based on the individual person’s area of treatment and extent of fat in that specific area.
• After the Liposuction treatment, swelling and pain can reduce slowly within a few days.
• Patient starts experiencing desired results within a few weeks.
• Liposuction results are generally long lasting if patient maintains a healthy body weigh
• Today Liposuction surgery is performed by using advanced medical equipments. Liposuction procedure is a much safer and result oriented hence many people prefer Liposuction technique to remove excess fat from the body. Many Dermatologist or Cosmetologist suggests Liposuction treatment as this procedure does not have any deadly complications or risk factors.
Liposuction treatment is becoming popular among Indians. Dr Malay Mehta is a well experienced and skillful Liposuction expert doctor in Mumbai. He had been in USA for enhancing Cosmetic Surgery skills. Dr Malay Mehta has strongly established himself as one of the most proficient dermatologist in the field of Cosmetic Dermatology. Today He is also a key opinion maker with many leading companies for lasers and Botox fillers!!