Stretch Marks are more common in women than men. Stretch marks are long, narrow streaks, stripes or lines that develop on the skin. They occur when the skin is suddenly stretched. Many women are suffering from stretch marks on the stomach after the delivery of baby. Stretch marks can also occur on other body parts such as thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms and lower arms. This type of scarring occurs when the skin cannot resume normal form after a period of intense growth due to pregnancy, weight gain, weight loss or puberty. Stretch marks affect the individual’s beauty. There are various treatment options to remove stretch marks but the Laser treatment is the most advanced and effective way of removing stretch marks.
Dr Malay Mehta is a skillful and experienced Dermatologist. He is an expert in the Laser treatment. Dr Malay Mehta’s Laser treatment always have better success ratio.
Laser treatment is a modern and widely used procedure to remove stretch marks. It is a non toxic and non invasive treatment which uses light energy to repair and regenerate skin cells.
A Laser treatment is a revolutionary type of treatment in medical science and it is performed by expert doctors only. Laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. In Laser treatment procedure, highly focused beam of light is used. In this type of treatment, the light is effectively tuned by using specific wavelengths to create controlling beams. Most of the time, multiple sessions of Laser treatment are necessary to get desired results. Nowadays, In India Laser treatment is becoming very popular especially among youngsters. It is welcomed and accepted by the society due to various advantages over conventional medical treatments.
Benefits of Laser treatment
• Most effective treatment
• Less need of pain medication
• Faster healing process
• Reduce in inflammation
• Improvement in the blood circulation in the treatment area
• Promotion of collagen for new skin production
• No severe or long term side effects
• No surrounding tissue cutting/scarring
• Safer procedure
Procedure of Laser treatment for Stretch Marks Removal
• Laser stretch mark removal consists of removing striae (stretch marks) by using laser resurfacing technique. It works by removing the outer layer of skin to help restructure the overlying skin. Infrared light is beamed on to the stretch marks.
• In laser treatment, stretch marks are not completely removed but it makes stretch marks smoother, softer and flatter. In this way laser treatment reducing their appearance.
• Two types of lasers are used for skin resurfacing treatment: ablative and non-ablative lasers.
• In Ablative lasers (CO2, Erbium YAG) treatment, stretch marks are removed by destroying the upper layer of skin. The newly generated skin tissues are smoother in texture and appearance.
• Non-ablative lasers (Alexandrite) don’t destroy the upper layer of skin. Instead, they target the underlying areas of the skin’s surface to promote collagen growth from the inside out.
• Treatment sessions are depending on the level of stretch marks. Generally 5-15 sessions are needed to get desired results.
• The laser treatment has permanent results but follow up treatment is necessary as per the doctor’s advice.
Most Effective Wavelength for Stretch Marks Removal
There are various types of Stretch Marks Removal Laser Systems available today. Each Laser system is different from the other. Types of Laser system is mainly depending on the area of treatment. Doctor prefers CO2 laser and Erbium YAG laser for effective Stretch Marks removal.
Two wavelengths are the most commonly used for Stretch Marks removing including:
• 9400 nm
• 2940 nm
Precautions after Laser treatment for Stretch Marks Removal
Every patient should strictly follow precautions to get permanent and desired results. Major precautions include:
• Avoiding applying makeup or any other lotion on the treatment area.
• Avoiding direct exposure of sunlight.
• Avoiding stretch full activities or exercises.
• Taking medicines as per doctor’s advice only.
• Patient can feel mild redness, swelling and irritation for few hours. Laser treatment is the risk free and side effects free treatment to remove stretch marks. Hence many men and women preferred to undergo Laser treatment to get rid of stretch marks. The entire treatment cost is depending on the area of treatment and the number of sessions required. Dr Malay Mehta has given a new appearance to many men and women by performing laser stretch marks removal treatment.
Dr. Malay Mehta had been in USA for enhancing Cosmetic Surgery skills. He is a professional and famous in Laser treatment. Dr Malay Mehta has established himself as one of the most proficient dermatologist in the field of Cosmetic Dermatology. Today He is also a key opinion maker with many leading companies for lasers and Botox fillers!!
Best Dermatologist in Andheri by ClinicSpots